Saturday 23 April 2011

Turn off Ur Pop Up's... My Xperiences in Arunachal during my 1st Field study..


Actually I hate writing.. But I dnn knw.. I felt like writing my xperiences in Arunachal those are really funny. Before starting, let me tell you all one thing “All the characters and incidents that appear in this post are true (Filmy way of sarting).. Peh ;)
I actually thinking like writing it in the form of a research paper..  Aaaa… Let me start.

Title:
My 1st Xperiences in Arunachal Pradesh..
Author: 1st: Murali Krishna.C, 2nd: None.

Introduction:
As I’m from south India, I used to hear a lot about the northeastern portion of India saying that the forests are pristine, rich in wildlife etc etc(Citation needed)(May be Murali et al2011).. But I had never been to these places before... and the time finally came in December 2010 when I planned to make my 1st field study for my project...

Key Words: Kathra hai re, Asisa hai na, Bhoo khoo, Bondhar etc etc..

Study area:
Lower Dibang Valley, Arunachal Pradesh... I came to know that many people belonging to tribes like IDU, ADI, NISHI etc inhabit this area...

Material and Methods:
No specific methods and materials were used (Murali et al2011)..  These are all the series of Xperiences..

Results and Discussion:
I started my travel to Roing town in Lower Dibang valley dist in Dec 2010 from Itanagar in Network travels... It was a very cool day and my field assistant asked me to put some warm clothing so that I’ll be comfortable during the journey… And the journey started.. The next morning at around 4, we reached a place called Teensukia from where we had to get into other bus to reach Roing town. And finally we got into the bus.. It was about 5 hours journey, where we had to cross river Brahmaputra in a ferry.. Finally at around 11:30 we reached Roing town.. And there we met a local who actually has to help us in Local field assistance.. And from here are the series of Xperiences that have occurred..  The local field assistant reached the place and started assisting us.. He asked us to buy the grocery needed as we were supposed to stay in the field site which is away from town. So we had to travel using the local transport.. He asked us to keep the luggage in the transport and asked us if we had our breakfast r nt.. We shook our heads and he took us to the restaurant.. Then I asked the local assistant if it was safe to leave the luggage in the transport and go. He said “ Ye hamara area hai.. No one can cheat you come let us go”.. Looking at his confidence we went to restaurant and had breakfast.. For my Surprise after reaching the taxi stand, the local gaadi was nt there.. I was looking at the Local assistant in anger, he took the bike and told me that "let me go and search for it " I was asking my field assistant wht if luggage was lost. Should we complaint in local police station.. he said.. Donn worry chewing taamool… Yeh why should he be worried I would be responsible if sm thing happens.. I was telling myself “Murali  All is Well All is Well”(Thinking inside Sala Ye tho Sirf movie me Amir Khan he Bhol Saktha hai).. Finally The Local Gaadi arrived and in such a small vehicle (Tempo) nearly 33 people were loaded even on the top and hanging on the sides ( Mai soch raha tha Arey Gibbons tho Yehe me hai.. Let me Join the group).. Then the local guide told let me take you on my bike and  let the field assistant come in the transport.. Ok I said. Finally we reached the place(Field site)..
After reaching the place I understood that we we had to stay in a local’s home.. It was a thatched hut and lots of local wildlife was around it.. Field work went on and once a local head (Actually nt bt pretended as so) called us to the kitchen which was adjacent to our room and was asking about the details like from where we were etc etc I dnn know he thought like let me check out this boy like from where he is and started talking in this way bhooo thooo naaa moo and it sounded to me like a Korean movie without subtitles and I made faces . Then he started saying muah bhoo hoo and listening to that, I was surprised and asked my field assistant "what is he saying muah muah is he saying like does he wants to greet me in French kissing style on cheeks.. let me run from here", my field assistant said no no laughing.. Then the person understood that I din get him.. He jus spoke to me in Hindi and left..
When we were in field session sometimes we had to talk to locals about the presence of gibbons.. The people said “ Khya aap Bondhar ko pakudenge khya” (me thinking inside.. Kya hum bandhar pakadne waale jaise dikthe hai.. God kya halat bangaya).. Then some say BONDAR cahiye kya.. Idhar pe Dhuniya bhar ka kaala bandhar milte hai( Me thinking again.. Dhuniya bhar ka bandhar hone se hum logonko kuch kaam nahi hai kya unhai doondne ke liya).. One night the head person of the home who actually never disturbed us came and he was drunk. He knocked the door at around night 9.. Then we got up asked him like what’s the matter.. He took us out for a walk and said “ Khya Bhai log aap tho raat me room me gus ke itanaa jaldi soojathe hai.. Ye jail nahi hai.. Aaap logonko njoyment bholne se patha nahi hai, mai thum logonko njoyment boolne se kaisa hoga dhika doonga” and started singing like crazy and my field assistant started dancing (Me thinking inside.. Arey jisne India me Major cities Kho deka hai metro life ka experienced hai and jungle me kais enjoy karna hai  oo bhi patha hai.. Ye aake ham logonko njoyment ke baareme class deraha hai ok let him) and I also joined the tune..
One day I was trying photographing the gibbons with my 26x zoom digi camera.. One localboy came to me and was observing carefully I asked him do you want to do the same he shook his head and was excited.. I taught him like how to hold and how to take the pic.. He said “ Aap log tho kathra hai.. Idhar see utana dhoor ka photo keench sakte hai” I smiled and said yeh… The he asked “ Kya aap log Bondhar pakdneke liye aaye hai kya”..  Oh god same question.. I was thinking do we look so and left the place saying no.. That evening we were cooking the food and the head women of the house came and sat beside us asking like how the work was going on and we said it was gng on good.. Then we asked her to taste the food that we had cooked. Then she started laughing loudly and it was a giggly, woogly, jiggly, paagley riggly maagly tuffly kind of laughter I was a bit scared (I even hear the sound sm times in my sleep making me scared) and then she says boys cooking and asking me to taste, funny but good.. laughter continues like the lighting and thunderbolts in the back ground..
But any how I njoyed the field work the people were good, friendly sometimes even over friendly and over affectionate that they called us to work in their paddy fields.. But I loved the place the people over there.. It was nice spending some time with such people who really have a different look of life, Njoyment etc etc.. I hope I din hurt anyone writing this post as I always respect the local traditions, local religions, language etc etc.. And this post is just to share some funny stuff..

Conclusion:
Ihar udhar ki bathe wagey ra wagey ra..

Acknowledments:
I wish i would like to thank my field assistant, Local Field assistant, my co researcher, Local house head etc etc. But why should I ?????

Refrences:
Nonscense stuff.. Mural Krishna Et.al 2009, Null publications.
Never it was there.. Mural Krishna Et.al 2010.  Infinite non sense publications..

Ok people enough reading get back to your work..

Caution: Reading is Injurious to health (Nonsensical post)


  

10 comments:

  1. andarini adivi jatheeyulni chedham anukuntunavemi saaley

    ReplyDelete
  2. korean muvi widout subtitles...hhaa haaa nice add up...innovative mst say aanaya..keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Research paper writing in funny blog. You can become a good author for following research format. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Subhasish: Thank you..

    @WillShanG: Thank you.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. nani.... it was really happy to share your experiences with you....

    i enjoyed it well buddy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the concept of references.. Actually i didnt read the entire story..will read when free.. but felt happy.. keep going dear..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then u had nice experience da in forest. I will continue reading ur blogs. Continue Writing ur feelings & experience regarding ur tours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was like an anecdote ... seems like in a few days u gained lots of interests and were enlightened by their culture and tradition (wen u joined their humming)... hope to get your posts on your NERIST stay ... till then all the very best ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. all the very best dude ..good initiation and your experiences are really interesting!!!!!!
    keep on adding like this sweet memories for the rest of life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed a lot by reading ur experiences da...
    Very nice experience u got da...

    ReplyDelete